If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Robo Knitter

At last! Two of my favorites, all rolled into one package!

Agnes the robot knits!

You've got to go watch this. Obviously, she's more of a mechanized knitting machine than an actual android, but you've got to admit it's fascinating and exciting to watch her! I especially like the way she looks up and looks around at the people watching her, before going back to her knitting.

Awesome.

What would be orders of magnitude more awesome, however, would be if Agnes had decided to learn knitting and chose what project to make. Maybe she would periodically try it on and then ask the bystanders "What do you think? Does it look okay? What about the color? Too much?"

Or maybe she could talk about her knitting and how she was knitting it for her boyfriend, who really didn't wear knits, but she was sure he would wear something she knitted because he's the best boyfriend. And while she's talking, she could maybe lose her place and utter some swear words before she goes back to the stitch marker and counts stitches and rows.

Or maybe Agnes could get a knot in the yarn and no matter how hard she tried, she could just keep making the knot worse. Then she would throw the knitting down and swear that she will never knit again because she's just too stupid to learn how to do it properly.

Then, of course, she would feel silly for doing and saying that and she would get up and get the yarn and either calmly untangle it, or else cut the strand and start again from the untangled end.

What? Tell me I'm not the only one who knits like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter