If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Nightmare

I had a disturbing dream last night. It was kind of a recurring dream. I say kind of because the theme of the dream is what recurs, even if the characters and the actual actions are different.

In my dream, I get a phone call from my dad. Weird, because #1 Dad never made phone calls, if he could avoid it, and #2 Dad's been gone for several years. He says, "I'm here. Let me in." I'm a little confused in the dream, because the phone has awakened me. Plus, I can't remember him saying he was coming to visit. It would be so out of character for him to do so. But he insists. "I'm at the door. Come unlock it and let me in."

This goes on for several exchanges, as I try to think clearly. It feels like this is not right, like it's some kind of trick, but I can't quite wrap my mind around it. Still, Dad persists, "Open the door. Let me in."

In the end, I'm right on the edge of figuring this out... Right at the moment when I realize why this situation could not be happening and what is actually going on... And then I wake up. And I'm left with an uneasy, restless feeling all day.

I've had variations of this dream. All with people who are gone (sometimes I didn't even know they were gone at the time) and all with the feeling of I shouldn't open the door even as that person is insisting I do so.

Creepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter