If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

FO: Rhombi

Here is the Rhombi Scarf, finished and blocking. Next stop: the Christmas Box, where it will wait to be given away.

This is for someone (but I won't say who, in case he is reading). It's a nice scarf for a man, I think. Knitted from Bernat Satin, it's soft, durable, and washable. The Admiral color is a dark navy, about as manly as you can get.

Plus, this pattern gives the scarf some visual interest without overwhelming. In other words, it's not "too fancy," as I have heard some other scarves referred to. In fact, from a distance, you don't really see this pattern. You see texture. It's only when you are standing next to the person wearing the scarf that you say, "Oh, I see..."

I like this pattern a lot. It's just knits and purls, but it's complex enough that you have to keep track of the rows and watch what you're doing. Fun to knit.

By the way, I slipped the first stitch of every row, which gave the edge a nice, finished look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter