If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, April 08, 2013

WIP: Sugar Mouse

I'm not a good patient. But you knew that. The fact that I haven't been off my foot long enough for my broken toe to heal in a year probably gave that away. I can't help it. I can't just do nothing.

That, by the way, is why I learned to knit. I can't just sit. So when I wanted to quit smoking, I had to have something to do.

So, you see, it really bothers me now when I have to just sit on the couch with my jacked up knee elevated and in a brace. Not that I'm ready to be moving around at all.

Holy crap. One of the worst decisions I've made lately was to walk around on my janky knee in order to go to that cake decorating class. That put me out of commission for the rest of the weekend.

But, I've been following Web MD's advice: RICE (Rest, Ice, Compress, Elevate) so I'm hoping it will get better soon. Even if I didn't want to stay off it, or if I could walk around, no one in my family will let me get up. Seriously. I wanted to go to Michael's to get some stuff for next Saturday's cake decorating class (Yeah, I'm planning on going. But I'm also planning on being able to walk in a week.) but no one will let me even get up off the couch.

Anyway, I am only able to knit with what I can reach. Or what I can direct someone to get for me. ("In the bedroom, in the blue container--not the one with the Christmas colors, but the one with the neutral colors--there's a half skein of cream-colored worsted. Not the white. And not the sport. It might be in a ball or it might be still in the skein..." Yeah. Like that.)

So, here is the Sugar Mouse from the Advent Garland. As you can see, I'm using my knee brace as a background. (How clever, Patwoman.) It's knitted flat, in one piece. If I had my seaming needle and fiberfill right here, I could seam it up and stuff it. But I don't.

Flat, unstuffed mouse. Bored. Restless. Uncomfortable Patwoman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter