If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 04, 2013

Knitting Sightings - Madison, Wisconsin

T and I are back home from Wisconsin this evening. Sadly, we didn't get the chance to visit any yarn stores in Madison--though we had planned to.

But, you know how The Universe feels about plans.

We ended up barely having enough time to get to all the places we needed to be before leaving for home. So the want-to-go places will have to wait until next time.

Sad face.

Oh well. I also did not do any knitting in the car. Turns out, that makes me really sleepy. And since the road was so flat and dull most of the way, falling asleep would have been a bad thing to do.

I did knit a little before bed in the hotel room. Nothing to speak of, really. Just enough to make my fingers remember what they were there for.

And I did meet a woman wearing an absolutely lovely shawl that she hand-knitted. She was also wearing a lovely shawl pin, which she told me was made from bits from the parts bin at JPL, where the artist apparently works. How is that for coolness?

Plus, she chastised me for not wearing any of my knits. I, for once, did not even have a scarf with me on this trip. (Which I really could have used, btw, since Madison is freakin' cold!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter