If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Constructive Destruction

...Or, I guess we could just call it recycling. After all, April is Earth Month, right? So let's try and think of things in those terms.

This is a sweater I got from Goodwill a while back. It's an okay sweater. But it's not my size. Not my style, either. I couldn't bear to have that high collar up around my neck. And the color is not me.

But it's wool/angora/rabbit, so it's very soft yarn. And it's going to be my first experiment in hand dying yarn. Whoo-hoo!

Unraveling turned out to be quite a chore. I got 4 hanks this size. I'm guessing this is about 250-300 yards.

As soon as I can stand on this janky knee, I'll be trying out my Easter egg dyes in the microwave. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter