If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

FO: Ginger Man


Sorry. No. You're just kind of brown.

I was talking about a different kind of gingerman, anyway. This kind:


This is the latest Advent Ornament. It, like all the others, is made from scrap yarn. (Because I am nothing, if not fiscally and ecologically responsible.) It's the Gingerbread Man from Frankie Brown.

Like most of these ornaments, it's knitted flat and then the pieces are sewn together. I tend to knit about ten times faster when I'm knitting flat, so this went pretty quickly. I use a tiny bit of black yarn, as the pattern calls for, for his eyes and mouth. I was hoping they would look like raisins, maybe? And a tiny bit of red crochet chain for his bow.

Almost finished with this Advent Garland! What do you think, Achilles?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter