If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Thimk

Way back when I was a teen, that was kind of a catch phrase: THIMK. You'd see it on t-shirts and posters and signs in offices and schools. It was kind of humorous way of saying, "Hey, pay attention. Check your work." You'd also see THIMK's cousin, Plan Ahead in those kinds of places, too.

The message, for both of these signs, really, is "Think about what you're doing." I've always liked those signs.

I probably should take my own advice.

I'm trying to complete some Christmas gifts--since it actually is pretty late in the year, you know. I thought I had it all planned out. Like, since January planned out. But now, as I am sitting down to really put my nose to the grindstone, I realize I'm missing the off-white yarn I need to finish R's gift, the white yarn I need for Bre's stocking, the brown yarn I need for M's gift, and the blue yarn I need for another. Also, where the @#$%!! is my beading hook? I need to be able to slip beads over a stitch and I can't find that little crochet hook for the life of me.

So now, I need to sit down and figure out exactly what I can accomplish and also go to the craft store and get what I need.

THIMK! And Plan Ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter