If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Scarf Progress

The 4th Doctor scarf has been the perfect TV knitting. Plain ol' Garter Stitch, and just count the rows for the pattern. I'm a little less than halfway done, just in the little time I've been working on it. (In the picture on the right, the end of the scarf is touching the ground and I am standing up.)

Seriously. When I showed T my progress, he said "Man! You're fast!" Of course, it's probably not registering in his brain that this scarf is going to be obscenely long. Ha. Ha. I was like, "Yeah, only about 6 feet to go!"

I like working from this pattern, too. I like that someone actually calculated the number of rows of each color and then matched all the colors to name brand yarns. When I did my first one--it was actually during the 4th Doctor Seasons--I just watched TV and wrote down. "Uh, that looks like about 3-4 inches of light brown..."

Oh, how sad and deprived we were in the days before the interwebs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter