If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Shopping Trip: Bag O' Yarn

M and I had the opportunity to do a quick little shopping trip. We didn't really have a plan, but were just waiting for something to jump out and scream to be bought.

Luckily, we stopped by Joann's, because they had a big bin out front full of screaming yarn. Now, this is no-name yarn. It's probably a mill end of some sort. But it all looks evenly colored, evenly plied, and does not look to be cobbled together, so what the hell? As long as it looks good, feels good, and works up well, who cares if it has a name or not?

I'm not a yarn snob.

Seriously. Not any kind of snob (except maybe I'm snobby about being a snob). I don't need to impress anyone with labels. And maybe that stems from growing up with parents who were products of The Great Depression. I learned that quality was important, but only real quality. Perceived quality is kind of pointless in the real world.

Anyway. It's pretty.

There's not a lot of info on this bag, outside of the weight (one pound) and the fiber content. But I'd say it looks to be light worsted, or maybe sport. I haven't really swatched it yet.

Yes, sometimes I do swatches. Just not often.

This yarn wants to be something pretty. So I may have to try my hand at one of those lacy shawls I've been downloading.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter