If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, May 02, 2014

Have You Seen This?

Have you seen that commercial for the Norelco 3-in-1 Groomer? The guy starts out with a scraggly beard and some hair on his chest. Then he starts shaving himself--beard, mustache, sideburns, chest, and presumably elsewhere. Each time, he gets a little more creepy with himself--"I'd wink at me." "I'd have a wine with me." etc. And finally, "I'd (pixilated) me."

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was Buffalo Bill, talking to himself in the mirror?


The next thing I thought was "Yeah, you'd (pixilated) yourself. Of course you would. How bad do you have to be to say no to yourself?" I mean, that's really not an accomplishment. I assume that, even if nobody in the whole world would say yes to you, that you would at least say yes to yourself. So is this really selling the 3-in-1 Groomer?

Then, it occured to me, that I'm really not that good. I mean, I'm not crap or anything. But I'm pretty average. Like, sometimes I'm tired and I don't really try all that hard. You know what I'm saying? I'm not spectacular at (pixilated).

So I guess I'd wink at me, have a conversation with me, have a wine with me... All of that, Norelco 3-in-1 Groomer or not. But as for (pixilated)? I don't know. Is it just me or nothing? Or are there other choices?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter