If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Can You See My Neck?

That's really the only reason I could of that you would want to wear a camo-print scarf--you don't want your neck seen. (Maybe you're worried about vampires?) Okay, so this is not really a camo print. But it's brown and green and tan and dark brown. So it does kind of look camo. Like a big camo poodle.

This is more yarn bought on clearance at Michael's and I just wanted to see if I could do something interesting with it. You can't really knit much with this kind of yarn. The loopiness hides any sort of pattern you might make. So, you're really limited to things without a pattern--scarves, cowls, hats, etc... and stuff that you might want the loopiness for--stuffed animals, novelty bags, slippers, ebellishments.

Since I have already made a bunch of scarves and cowls out of this type of yarn, I decided to try a different technique. This scarf is finger-knitted. I basically unwound the skein, doubled it, and then made a chain with my fingers. Technically, it's more like finger-crochet. Came together in about 2.5 minutes (after unwinding the skein). I just knotted the ends and clipped them.

Not sure if I would do another scarf like this myself. I enjoy the knitting part of knitting, not just the finished product. But it does create a boa-like scarf in a matter of minutes. (Seriously. Less than 5 if you took your sweet time about it.) And it would be very easy for kids to do. Or if you had to come up with a million of these for work gifts or teacher gifts or your daughter's friends or a charity raffle. Or whatever.

And, you know my theory. You can never have too many scarves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter