If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Monkeying Around

Look at this. It's a teeny tiny sock monkey.

It's the Sock Monkey Miniature for Blythe by Monica Bovee.

This pattern calls for light fingering weight and #0 needles. (I know! 0! Is that even a needle size? I don't think so!) But, of course, it's designed to make a tiny sock monkey, suitable for a small doll. I wanted a tiny sock monkey suitable for a Christmas tree ornament, so I made it with worsted weight yarn and #4 needles.

It's mainly I-cord, so it's super fast to knit. It's not even stuffed. I think the big thing is attaching the arms and tail. And that's really no biggie. In retrospect, I think I could've made his mouth a little larger. But then again, nobody likes a big-mouth monkey. (Oh, and ooh. His legs look really bad in that picture. Maybe I should take a different picture? They don't look that bad, I swear.)

I think these would be great for keychains, gift toppers, whatever. But this one is a Christmas ornament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter