If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bam! More Knitting!

And you're shocked, I can tell. Well, pick yourself up off the floor. I didn't use yarn from my stash or anything crazy like that.

It's my new Knitted Beaded Bracelet. I got the idea from Lady Spankington on Craftster (here). This is a pretty crappy picture, but it was the best my camera was willing to do. I'd suggest hitting the link and looking at Lady Spank's bracelet, if you want to get a good idea of what it looks like.

But let me tell you, at first I was skeptical. You practically have to knit the whole bracelet before you start losing that "Oh my God, is it supposed to look so crappy" feeling.

Seriously, I kept holding it up and going... "Um..." But I stuck with it (which was not all that long, but the wire is kinda bitey and I hate to knit with wood sticks, and... oh well). And, in the end it paid off. I think this looks pretty fabu. So thanks, Lady Spanks, for the inspiration.

Stats: I used #28 beading wire and some cheapo chopsticks from the local Chinese buffet. I couldn't bear to gouge up my own needles with wire, so I just sharpened the ends of the chopsticks with a pencil sharpener. (Didn't even sand them, because I thought it would be pretty unlikely they would snag the wire.) And I strung about 200 assorted glass beads (in no particular order) onto the wire, though I probably only used less than half of those. The clasp is from a bag o' clasps I got at Michael's tonight.

Because I was already there getting wire and beads. It's not like I was buying yarn or anything. Come on!

Anyway, I've still got a bunch of beading wire and tons of beads. (Everything's cheaper when you buy in bulk, right?) What should I do next? I'm thinking Patwoman needs a beaded mesh bikini.

Just kidding. You people are sick.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Lol! A second finished project. I'm pretty proud of ya! I think it looks neat even though the camera wouldn't take a good pic of it.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great, I love it! I'm glad my tutorial helped you!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter