If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

@$!%%@#*!!!! It!

Finished Object?

Sure, it looks finished. Knitted to guage, with the proper dimensions... just like in the pattern. It's soft. It's light. I did a superb job with the matress stitch on the seams, if I do say so myself. It just doesn't fit right.

It's baggy. Saggy, even. And that really cheeses me off. I even dropped down a size smaller so I could have that form-fitting style, like in the picture. And I kept a tape measure handy so I could measure as I went and make sure I was knitting it correctly. (I was.)

But it... I don't know. Did you ever knit something in cotton and then when you wear it, it just keeps stretching and bagging and OMG I look like I'm wearing clothes from the "before bariatric surgery" ads?

(Don't get offended. I'm not downing the surgery. I'm simply referring to the way those ads always show a woman wearing a pair of jeans from before the surgery. She's usually holding the waistband way out so you can see she's lost a hundred pounds.)

Well that's what this is doing. Except it does it from the time you put it on.

!#$@!$!! I had such plans for this, too. Look at the colors. Look at the lovely stitches.

I don't know what to do about this. I guess I'm going to block the hell out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Lee said...

Yeah...This is the one you did in Ticker Tape, right? I'm in the middle of knitty's X-back tank in ticker tape and just had to frog half of it because it got *huge* (http://merp.wordpress.com/2006/07/21/angelica-to-be/). I wonder if this is a special feature of TT.....

Anyhow, I love your blog & read it regularly! Go Patwoman!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter