If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Finally!

Finally, my hands decide to cooperate with me. I picked up the knitting needles last night after work and knit about 6 rows on M's afghan. Yeah, I know 6 rows is nothing, but after being benched for a couple of weeks, I felt like I was really accomplishing something!

My hands didn't hurt while I was knitting. Didn't go numb or tingly or anything. It just went very, very slowly. I don't know if it's from the carpal tunnel or from not really moving my hands for two weeks, but my fingers just seemed to lack flexibility and strength. Hopefully that's a temporary thing.

I did wrap the left hand last night before bed, because it always feels so much better in the morning if I do that. And this morning, my hands felt fine.

Also, finally, it rained this afternoon. For about 15 minutes, but I'll take it. I heard that there was much more rain north of here. It was very light here. Like, so light that it took a long, long time to even get the sidewalk wet.

And finally I stopped having those stress dreams where some horrible catastrophe befalls just as I notice something that makes me do something stupid heroic. Like, A huge tornado is coming, but OMG someone has left their small children outside playing! or People are running away from something but OMG look at all these newborn kittens about to get stepped on!

M says these are empty nest dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter