If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, October 08, 2012

Holy Crap, Am I Tired, Or What?

Some of you may know that T and I own a game store. And business is great. So great, in fact, that (as you might remember) I left my real-world job earlier this year to work full time with the store. I do marketing and event planning--and also work a few days a week in the store.

Well, we have been growing. And growing. And it was time to expand to an even larger space. So, after months of inspections and contractors and paperwork, we were finally able to move to our larger location. And it's big. We were large before, but now the place is ginormous.

And, I opened a cafe' within the store to serve our customers. It's a lot of fun, but right now, I am the only employee of the cafe'. So until I hire a part timer, I am in the store a lot more often.

We worked several overnights in a row for the move. I am not kidding. We worked two straight days, with only a break for showers and change of clothes. Then, we took a nap of less than an hour on the third day. On the fourth day, we went crazy and had 4 hours of sleep. It was getting pretty interesting.

But everything is back to normal. I am still in the store 7 days, but that will go back to 6 pretty soon.

Sorry to ignore you all for so long. I promise you, I will be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter