If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Can I Just Rant Here A Little?


...about time. I want to rant about not having enough time in the day. Or days in the week. Or weeks before Christmas.

And I'm starting to stress out about it.

Listen, I pared down my Christmas knitting to almost nothing. One thing for each. Well, that thing is an afghan, but if I am only doing three afghans in a year, that's entirely doable. That's four months per afghan, if my Indiana Public School education is telling me correctly. I can do three afghans in that amount of time in the dark.

The problem is, it's pretty much a given that in order to knit, you have to have time to knit. Basically, I'm working 7 days a week, about 10-12 hours a day. Very little knitting time.

So, I have whittled down my list to only two afghans. I have told T he will not be getting one this year. And still... I am really sweating it. I'm seriously thinking of discarding the whole idea of The Year Of The Afghan and going with, maybe, I don't know... The Year Of The Hat or The Year Of The Garter Stitch Scarf Done On Size 50 Needles With Four Strands Of Chunky Yarn.

Or maybe I should use a yarn like this one?

Saw this at Joann's recently. It's a super thick, corded yarn by Patons. It's called Delish. I think I could do a scarf out of this in about an hour.

Patons also makes Cobblestone:

I will definitely pick some of this up just for the fabulous texture. (And it's also super thick. I think when I am done with afghans I will need some quick wins.)

On the other hand, maybe I just need to de-stress in other ways.

Pumpkin Liqueur is seasonal--once it's gone from the shelf, it's gone until next year. You have to stock up.

If you are planning on The Year Of The Afghan too, you should probably stock up.

I could also make serious use out of a time travelling police box,

phone booth,

or DeLorean.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter