If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Along The River

I thought you might enjoy some of the pictures I took along the river. I take a lot of pictures. A professional photographer told me once that he took a lot of pictures because that way, he was sure to get some that he was happy with.

It was very peaceful there. The rain was just starting, so all the people who didn't want to get rained on everyone but us had pretty much cleared out of there.

The rain gives the place that woody, mossy smell. I grew up near a creek, remember. That smell takes me right back to childhood.

The river seems so peaceful here, right? But just down the way, it turns into this:

This doesn't look like much in this picture. That's because there is nothing to use for scale. (See? That's why I'm not a professional photographer.) Anyway, it's a pretty good sized waterfall.

All along the water (and, under the water, as well) there was a limestone shelf. You can see here where the water has run over this stone. It's rippled, like the bottom of a riverbed. And, of course, there is a reason for that.

Geologically speaking, this rock has probably not been out of the water for very long.

We had some fun, walking along, looking at stuff. Stopping to smell the figurative roses, I guess. Too bad it rained, or we might have stayed a bit longer. I am always afraid of being struck by lightning. T, however, likes to flirt with danger. Here he is, calling down the lightning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter