If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Lace Candle Holder

Another FO!

This is Knit Lace Jar Cover (Lace version) from WEBS. I'm using this Caron Simply Soft Party from the bag of partials Bre gave me. This color is Royal Blue Sparkle, so I'm anticipating some pretty spectacular candle shows. (Or at least some blue glints of light.)

The skein was a partial, so I don't know how much was there. The pattern calls for about 60 yards. However, the pattern also calls for size 5 needles and I used a 3 and this is still much bigger than the 1 quart jar this is supposed to fit. In fact, it fits this jalepeno jar pretty well.

Still, I'm happy with it. It's not like it had to be knit to a specific size, right? Candles don't care. I'm using a fake tealight, though, because I fear "cooking" my knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter