If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Blueberry Muffins


I got some blueberries from the Hipster Market the other day so I thought I ought to do something with them. The thing about organic produce is that it doesn't seem to last very long. So I rinsed and packed one pint and put it in the freezer for later and then made blueberry muffins with the other pint.

This was not my usual blueberry muffin recipe, but I wanted to try it because it had oatmeal in it and was flavored with orange juice, so I was intrigued.

They turned out very nice, I think. I added about twice as much OJ as the recipe called for, because the batter was very crumby and dry and really needed more liquid. But the end product was nice and dense. The OJ added a very subtle flavor, really. But I really liked the texture the oatmeal added.

This is the recipe I used. I will probably make this one my go-to blueberry muffin recipe from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter