If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

And Sew On...

Finally decided to just go ahead and purchase a sewing machine. There are so many things I would like to do and I just don't want to do them by hand. (Like 18 table covers for the new store.)

So this is the new sewing machine. As you can see, Achilles photobombed me... again. He's never there when you're setting up the shot, but always just pops in at the last second.


I spent the afternoon looking over the instruction manual. (Because I read those things. They are there for a reason, people.) And, I also dug out the reading glasses. I thought that might be a big help in reading the teeny tiny print on the inside of this booklet. (Ha! Before the glasses, I was like "Oh look. This is a book with pictures of all the fancy filigree stitches this machine will do.")

Also a big help in threading the needle.

Seriously, though. Someone needs to come up with a better way of sewing. It's pretty freakin' ridiculous to expect someone to get a teeny tiny little piece of thread through a teeny tiny little hole at the end of a needle.

I had some issues at first with tension. Then I just experimented with stitching and the different types of stitches. (None of them the fancy filigree I thought I saw at first.)

And, just when I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it, I need to rethread the needle. But...

Just my luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter