If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, July 20, 2012

She Makes Me So Proud...

M and I were shopping the other day, as we are wont to do sometimes. And, as always, we stopped in to Joann so M could pick out the yarn for her next scarf to see what was new on the yarn shelf. We are both pretty tactile shoppers, so our typical MO is to pick up a yarn that catches our eyes and see how it feels.

So we're strolling down the aisle, touching a yarn here or there, when M touches a skein without looking. "Hm. Wool."

I smiled because it was. And because she knew it by touch. "I'm impressed."

She shrugged. "I only know that because I have more hand-knit scarves than any human being has a right to own."

She does, of course.

Then she quickly added. "That doesn't mean I want you to stop knitting them for me, you know."

I nodded. "I know."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter