If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Chocolate Covered Cherry Scarf



One thing about The Year Of The Afghans, there are frustratingly few finished objects. So, sometimes you just need a win, you know? So since yesterday was game night (and since you know I don't work on the afghans on those nights) I decided to do something quick and satisfying.

You know what that means, right? I whipped out the ol' Size 50 Beasts and a couple of skeins of yarn and just went to town on them. And boom! Before the game session was over, I had a scarf.



I used some Caron Perfect Match in Soft Pink, Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate, some LB Homespun in Antique, and some peach-colored yarn from a frogged project that I'm pretty sure is Yarn Bee.





This is a simple garter stitch scarf, but the 25mm needles and 4 strands of yarn give you a gauge of about .75 stitches = 1" so it knits very quickly. This was, start to finish, about a two hour deal, including fringe. I really like the look of it. It has an interesting texture--partly because of the large-scale stitches and partly because of the different textures of the yarns.


It's also kind of fun to knit with these monsters. Like knitting with two telephone poles. Ha! Makes everybody at the table say "What are you doing?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter