If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Almost FO

With everything going on this month--the store, the restaurant, the blood pressure, the craziness--I've barely picked up the sticks all month. Last night, I just couldn't stand it any longer. I HAD TO KNIT.

I knit so I don't snap and kill people, remember?

Anyway, this is the Zara Scarf from Yarn Tree Designs. I've been knitting on it a bit at a time during our weekly RPG game.



Love this pattern. Very easy to memorize. Very easy to knit while playing a game that you have to pay attention to. It's basically 2 rows, over and over. So simple, and yet it shows off the subtle color changes of the yarn beautifully. (I overlit the picture on the right a little so you can see the color variegation. The true color is more like the picture on the left.)





I used 2 skeins of Red Heart Boutique Midnight yarn in Moonlight, which gave me plenty of yarn to do the scarf portion. But I only had a tiny bit left over from the second skein.


Obviously not enough for the pompoms.

Don't worry, though. I'm going to purchase another skein just for the pompoms!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter