If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Holy Crap , It's Been Ages

...since I've had the chance to sit down and write. I don't want you to think I've neglected you on purpose, Gentle Reader. Oh, no. It's simply a matter of quantum physics. (Or rather, my inability to utilize quantum physics to be in all places at once!)

Let me explain...

No, there is too much. Let me sum up...

This month:

-New construction on our store was delayed, due to red tape. I never, ever wanted to use such a lame expression as "red tape," but there you go. What else can you call it when you are waiting for someone to put a signature on a form so someone else can sign a different form?

Needless to say, deliveries and installations had to be rescheduled, events had to be changed, etc. Plus--and this is the part I find most annoying--I have ads that hit before I was able to recall them that have the wrong address on them. FML.

I recite the Serenity Prayer about ten times a day.

-Our wonderful, marvelous website that will only take a certain company 3 weeks to build is now going on its ninth month. And the designer said the problem was that we "know exactly what we want" instead of just letting him do whatever he thinks is best.

-August is also one of my busiest and most favorite months because of GenCon. I am so looking forward to Gencon. Granted, I will be working, but that work will be playtesting games.

-Also, my blood pressure meds have run out and my doctor is on vaca. None of the other doctors in her office will write even a limited Rx until I am examined. And none of them will let me schedule an appointment with them.

I said to the nurse, "So let me get this straight... Your office prescribed these pills because they said it was dangerous not to take them. You called me at work and told me to leave the office to have the prescription filled right then, it was so urgent and important. But now, you're saying it's perfectly fine for me to not take them for what will amount to three weeks?"

No, she says. I have to take the pills right now. But no, they won't write the Rx. And no, I can't have an appointment until my doctor is back from vaca. And the thing that has really pushed me close to a stroke is that, they don't see how this is an contradictory situation.

I have the worst headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter